Hi. I’m Arati Mirji, a Sugar Flower Artist from Bengaluru, India.
I create realistic and natural looking sugar flowers with edible flower paste and enjoy experimenting with materials, tools and new techniques.
In a year’s time I started getting recognition for my work in the field of sugar flowers. I was a finalist in the sugar flowers category at Cake Masters Magazine Awards for two consecutive years and went on to win the award in the third year. The year 2018 was special. I won the highly coveted Cake Masters Magazine Awards and First Place Gold at Cake International for my display inspired by the Fireworks theme in the Sugar Flower Category.
I am very excited to teach you how to make these beautiful sugar flowers and share you my expertise to achieve realistic and botanically correct blooms.
The Poodle Hibiscus (El Capitolio) are large, pendant like, orange to apricot coloured Hibiscus flowers which are centred by a narrow stalk tipped with a pompom of frilly petals creating a ‘poodled’ effect.
In this tutorial you will learn:
- 1: How to wire petals, vein, give them the proper form and movement, and blend the dust colours in the correct manner.
- 2: Make the leaves, wire, vein and colour them properly.
- 3: learn to glaze the petals and leaves.
- 4: Make realistic calyx and buds.
- 5: Assemble the flower, leaves and buds into a sprig.
Variegated dwarf Umbrella Plant (Schefflera arboricola)
This showy foliage is quite fun and simple to make.
You will learn:
- 1: How to get he marbled effect on the leaves using paste and not just paint
- 2: Wire, Vein, colour and glaze the leaves
- 3: Add detailing to make them look realistic
- 4: Glaze them
- 5: How to assemble the leaves in a proper umbrella Fashion
The Rose hips make excellent Fillers and can also be used to make an arrangement all by themselves
Learn a quick and easy way to make these gorgeous rose Hips
You will learn:
- 1: How to create the realistic center
- 2: Make the sepals such that they don’t break easily
- 3: Colour and glaze them.
- 4: assemble it all into an attractive sprig