This is the ULTIMATE full day hands on class building your skills and techniques in the medium of isomalt with casting, pulling, blowing, and sculpting. You will learn everything you need to know to incorporate isomalt right away into your everyday baking routine. We start the day with casting realistic gemstones. Isomalt is the perfect medium to create beautiful, lifelike, edible Isomalt Gemstones. You will learn the techniques to cast transparent jewels and diamonds, as well as faux finish opaque turquoise, jade, and lapis inset in beautiful settings. As we move on building your skills, Sidney will teach you to incorporate cast bottles and a glass into a fun gravity defying mini liquor bottle topper with pulled isomalt structure and splash. This sugar piece is the perfect addition to any groom’s cake, birthday celebration or that special someone who enjoys their cocktail! The grand finale to your skill set is to create this fabulously pink sugar flamingo with blown body, hand pulled feathers, hand sculpted legs, and cast atop his shimmery blue pool. All students will receive a certificate of completion upon finishing the class.
Suitable for beginners.
Techniques you will learn:
– Casting: gemstones, jewellery, bottles, bases and glasses, etc.
– Pulled Sugar Isomalt techniques: Isomalt feathers Hand Sculpted Isomalt Splash
– Blown Sugar Isomalt techniques: Blown Isomalt Flamingo
– How to paint and color isomalt to bring out the true highlights to this beautiful medium
– Isomalt Gravity Defying Structure
– Tricks to keeping clarity in your isomalt creations
– How to prevent humidity from affecting isomalt
– Flavoring isomalt
– Stability and structure
– Safety while working with isomalt
All materials provided.