This class will guide you through the step by step on how to capture the textures, colours & minute details and be able to replicate Kiwi, Persimmon and Corn to make it as realistic looking as possible using 100% edible mediums. The techniques you will learn can be applied to your future cake masterpieces.
During the lesson, you will learn how to the following and many more trips and tricks
- Cutting the cake and shaping to make a base of the corn replica.
- Free-forming fruit shapes out of cake clay.
- Create your own cake clay out of cake scraps.
- Know the essential materials needed to create fruit replicas.
- Learn two ways to create the corn kernel texture.
- Be able to replicate fruit parts such as peduncle, fruit, calyx, leaves and replicate its textures
- Learn how to make edible silk for the corn and edible flock for the kiwi.
- Usage of wafer paper to create corn husks.
- Colour rendering.
- Be able to use right colours, mix food dyes and pigments to capture the right shade of the fruits.
- Do dry and wet painting to achieve realism