Boiled Icing (aka Italian Meringue) is an icing in its own right. It is a smooth, glossy, fluffy icing that tastes like marshmallows. The term “Boiled Icing” is actually a general term for frostings that requires cooking (boiling) before whipping. The Contemporary Boiled icing Class is designed to allow cake decorators to create a modern and fondant looking cake at a lower cost for budget conscious clients thus having a win-win situation for the baker and the client.
Join Amir in this Contemporary Boiled Icing class and learn his techniques in creating a modern cake using his Boiled icing recipe. He is being generous in this class as he will be sharing to you so many techniques so you will go home with news skills and confidence in creating future edible works of art.
**Please note that bottom tier will be a dummy cake while the upper tier will be a REAL CAKE with full recipe included in the module.
Suitable for beginners.
Techniques you will learn:
– Properly make a stable Italian Meringue aka Boiled Icing
– Learn how to make smooth fondant-looking finish using Boiled Icing
– Learn how to stack and assemble the layers of each tier (chiffon cake recipe included)
– Create marbled effect on boiled icing
– Discover how to do brush stroke effect
– Learn how to do ombre effect without using an airbrush
– Learn how to color boiled icing cakes with dark and bright colors without using an airbrush
– Learn basic hand-piped rose using boiled icing and how to assemble handpiped flowers on a boiled icing cake
– Learn how to mix colors to create beautiful hues for a more sophisticated look
– Enhance cake design with fondant details, luster dusts, and airbrush
– Learn how to properly stack each tier of the cake that is safe for transport
– Learn so much more tips, hacks, and techniques that are also applicable to other mediums
All materials provided.